A Customized, Accurate Analysis Of Your Brain
The heart of our system is the Quantitative Electroencephalography (QEEG), also known as a brain map. A Brain Map is a non-invasive tool we use to identify the problem areas of the brain. The QEEG is designed to objectively and scientifically evaluate a person’s brainwave patterns and takes the guesswork out of determining a person’s condition. There is no more accurate tool available today for identifying irregular brainwaves.
The Brain Map process is painless, safe, accurate, and non-invasive. There really is no better tool for analyzing brainwaves and collecting customized data for each individual.
How Does a Brain Map Work?
A brain map involves scanning the brain waves on the surface of the scalp using a nylon cap. This method is known as a Quantitative Electroencephalogram (QEEG) and provides an accurate recording of your brain function. The system then compares your brainwave activity to a database of established standards of normal brain function to determine if problems are present. It does not identify specific conditions: It shows a map of problem areas in the brain that we can use to expertly determine likely neurological conditions.
What to Expect During a Brain Map
- First, we have you (or a parent/guardian) complete our Cognitive Emotional Questionnaire. This helps us in your qEEG analysis and also gives us a guide once you start your neurofeedback.
- We then measure and fit a nylon cap on the head. Embedded within the cap are 19 small sensors that are designed to measure and record electrical activity (or brain waves) coming from the brain. These sensors DO NOT put any electrical current into the brain – they simply record signals coming from the brain.
- We fill these 19 sensors with a water-based gel. This gel will come in contact with your hair and scalp. The gel is clear and can easily be washed out with water.
- We can now start the recording. The best data is collected when a person is calm and relaxed. So keep in mind what time of day works best for you or your child.
- The recording is done with eyes open and then again with eyes closed.
- Once this is complete, your brain map is analyzed by a board certified quantitative EEG analyst.
- After the analysis, you will meet with our director and review his findings of your map.
What Will the Brain Map Show?
The brain map can show how different parts of the brain function. Specifically, brain maps can help us see which parts of our brain function normally or abnormally. We cannot determine a diagnosis but it can help reveal symptoms associated with:
- Brain Injury/Concussion
- Sleep issues/Insomnia
- Memory problems
Why Brainwaves Are Important
Brainwaves are extremely important to how we function. There are 4 main brainwaves, and each of them regulates a different part of our body. From sleep to emotions to critical thinking, we would not be who we are without our brainwaves. Let’s learn about each one.
Want To Schedule Your Brain Map?
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Our system is approved by the Food and Drug Administration. In fact, the FDA recognizes that neurofeedback has NEVER produced a serious side effect since it was first discovered over 40 years ago. There are also thousands of research articles and personal testimonials that prove it effectiveness. Click a box below to learn more.